Posts Tagged ‘Roger Goodell’
The NFL lockout is over and your favorite NFL players are back on the field. And so, it is time to officially put NFLLockout.com to rest. We appreciate all of the support, readership, petition signatures, Facebook “likes” and Twitter follows. Let this post and the comments that you leave serve as the official funeral of NFLLockout.com as we move on and enjoy many years of labor peace.
To celebrate the start of the new season and thank fans for their support, we are launching an exclusive Facebook promotion, “Let’s Play Football Sweepstakes.” Simply visit the “Let’s Play Football Sweepstakes” tab on the NFLPA Facebook Page to find out how you can enter for a chance to win a customized player jersey. Ten (10) winners will be randomly selected during Kickoff Weekend. The players are gearing up for an exciting
season, and so should you with a brand-new customized jersey!
The players of the National Football League released an exclusive video Monday thanking fans for their support and patience during the lockout.
The video features 13 players from around the league delivering personal messages to fans.
“I just want say to all the fans, thank you so much for all of your support and patience during this process,” Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten said. “We’re excited for this season to start and to have a great year.”
“We want to tell you we thank you for being supportive of us through this process,” Cincinnati Bengals offensive tackle Andrew Whitworth said. “We were trying to make the game better for those guys that played it in the past, in the present and in the future. We appreciate your support. We look forward to a great football season. We got this thing done, now let’s play some ball.”
For more information on the video, read the following story by Pro Player Insiders here: www.proplayerinsiders.com.
“Player leadership is discussing the most recent written proposal with the NFL, which includes a settlement agreement, deal terms and the right process for addressing recertification. There will not be any further NFLPA statements today out of respect for the Kraft family while they mourn the loss of Myra Kraft.”
Pro Player Insiders broke the following news today: The NFLPA leadership has been in touch with Logan Mankins. He and the NFLPA are disappointed by unnamed and unsourced reports in the media that he asked for any financial compensation to be a named plaintiff in the Brady case. Any contention that he would put himself ahead of the other players in this league are baseless. He reaffirmed his support for a fair settlement that is good for ALL players and members of the class.
In a statement released to The Associated Press via the NFL Players Association on Wednesday, New England’s Tom Brady, Indianapolis’ Peyton Manning and New Orleans’ Drew Brees said: “We believe the overall proposal made by the players is fair for both sides and it is time to get this deal done.”
The statement continued: “This is the time of year we as players turn our attention to the game on the field. We hope the owners feel the same way.”
The full story written by the AP can be viewed HERE.
NFL-NFLPA Joint Statement
While we respect the court’s decision, today’s ruling does not change our mutual recognition that this matter must be resolved through negotiation. We are committed to our current discussions and reaching a fair agreement that will benefit all parties for years to come, and allow for a full 2011 season.
Frustrated by the ongoing owner-imposed lockout, several NFL players and Hollywood stars recently teamed up with Funny or Die to release a fictional trailer called “Field of Dreams 2: NFL Lockout.”
In the video, Taylor Lautner plays a farmer hearing voices in his head that convince him to build a football field on his land. Once the field is completed, locked out NFL players such as Tony Gonzalez, Ray Lewis, Dwight Freeney, DeSean Jackson, Antonio Cromartie, Shaun Phillips, Steve Smith, Kirk Morrison and Shawne Merriman show up to play the game they love.
Ray Liotta, who starred as Shoeless Joe Jackson in the original “Field of Dreams,” makes an appearance in the trailer playing the role of Roger Goodell. Kevin Costner makes a cameo at the end of the video.
NFL Lockout Petition
- BOSTON GLOBE | Game day jitters
- KANSAS CITY STAR | Christian Okoye: Don’t deny the fans football
- NBC SPORTS | Goodell tells fans lockout is for them, too
- INDYSTAR | NFL considering 8-game regular season if lockout lingers?
- ESPN | Faces of lockout: Jets' seafood star
- INDY STAR - Held in limbo by NFL owners' fight for more money
- YAHOO SPORTS! - Undrafted players left just waiting around
- BUFFALO NEWS | NFL should end lockout while negotiations continue
- YAHOO! SPORTS | Players’ battle with owners not a lost cause
- FORBES | NFLPA Memo Details Chronology Of CBA Negotiations Over Past Four Years
- BOSTON HERALD | Poll: Owners ones to blame
- CHICAGO BREAKING SPORTS | Lance Briggs on workout bonus, lockout
- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED | Doty Leaves NFL, Players Waiting for Awarding of Damages in TV Case
- SEATTLE TIMES | Owners' greed is at the heart of the NFL lockout
- WASHINGTON POST | NFL owners are wrong, and don’t get it
- Associated Press | Return of lockout punctuates wild week in NFL
- USA TODAY | Scott Fujita: Credit DeMaurice Smith for helping to save NFL in 2011
- JOE POSNANSKI | Goodell to the Last Drop
- USA TODAY | Tom Brady: Putting name on suit is being 'part of the solution'
- ESPN | Judge's NFL lockout rulings: impressive
- YAHOO! SPORTS | Personalized training valuable during lockout
- CHRON | The most painful NFL labor update you will ever see
- NATIONAL FOOTBALL POST | NFLPA reacts to NFL Press Release
- WASHINGTON POST | For the lucky 32, the NFL is a league of their own
- CHARLOTTE OBSERVER | NFL lockout would be a home-field disadvantage
- ESPN | Federal judge rules NFL violated deal
- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED | Federal judge sides with players union in TV revenue dispute
- WASHINGTON POST | NFL owners should open their books to players
- SPORTS ILLUSTRATED | Ruling in TV revenues hearing may hold key to NFL labor dispute
- BOSTON HERALD | Fab Four of agents come out in support of DeMaurice Smith and players union
- BOSTON HERALD | NFL owner’s scorn bodes ill
- HUFFINGTON POST | NFL Lockout Would Slash Small Business Profits
- WASHINGTON POST | After a bloated Super Bowl in Dallas, it's time to rein in big game
- NEW YORK TIMES | What’s at Stake in the N.F.L. Labor Talks
- NEW YORK TIMES | For N.F.L., Lockout Would Be a Risky Strategy
- AMERICAN RIGHTS AT WORK | It all started with clean socks and jocks
- ESQUIRE | The NFL Lockout's Health-Care Data, Revealed
- TIME | Game Over: Should the NFL Show Players the Money?
- NFL PLAYERS ASSOCIATION | Top 10 CBA Articles During Super Bowl Week
- Forbes | More Numbers Show Labor Issue in NFL Far From Cut and Dry
- SB Nation | NFL Lockout Awareness At Center Of NFLPA's 'Let Us Play' Campaign
- Fox Business News on NFLPA Capitol Hill Day (1-19-11)
- Sports Business Digest | The NFLPA gets fans involved with #LETUSPLAY Day
- Awful: Roger Goodell Asks Fans to Side Against NFL Players
- Rep Shaun O'Hara prepares for lockout
- NFL Players Whistle Goldman in Labor Dispute
- The scorched earth of an NFL-less life
- Union: Talks have sense of urgency
- Why Did CBS Cut Jerry Jones' 60 Minutes Comments on the NFL Lockout?
- Reporter’s Notebook: Legislators home in on NFL-players labor skirmish
- CBS News (60 Minutes) | Jerry Jones: Will There Be an NFL Lockout?
- CBS News (60 Minutes) | Jerry Jones: Will There Be an NFL Lockout?
- The Columbus Dispatch | Gov. Strickland Asks NFL, Players to Strike a Deal
- Philadelphia Daily | News Disposable NFL players deserve their income
- ESPN | NFL, Players Can’t Agree On Impact
- Business Insider | Players Union Uses NFL's Own Numbers Against It in Labor Fight
- FanHouse | NFL Issues Ticket-Refund Policy in Case of 2011 Lockout
- WLUK-TV, FOX 11, Green Bay: NFLPA Reaches out to Political Leaders
- ArrowheadPride.com, Kansas City: NFLPA Sends Letters To Gov. Nixon, Mayor Funkhouser Regarding NFL Lockout
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette: NFL union: City revenue may shrink
- POLITICO: NFL union warns cities, states of lockout
- NFLPA's George Atallah on 106.7 the Fan Sports Junkies
- MSNBC l The Number One Problem Is The Books Are Closed
- USA TODAY l Kevin Mawae's Last NFL Fight: Keeping Players United in Labor
- WASHINGTON POST l Players Waging Battle Against Lockout Island
- STAR TRIBUNE l NFLPA Head: A Lockout Of This Game Is A Lockout Of America
- ESPN l Union: Health Care Would Stop In March
- CHARLOTTE OBSERVER l Panthers’ Kasay Gears Up For Possible Lockout